Banana Muffins with Peanut Butter Streusel
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter granola clusters
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and rub it between your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the granola clusters and mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line each cavity with muffin liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar to combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing to incorporate and scraping well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and fold in the mashed bananas. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Top each muffin with a few tablespoons of streusel (I like a lot). Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!