Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- 12-cup muffin tin
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers
- 2½ c. fresh riced cauliflower
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 1¼ c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 c. water
- Place top oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove the stem and seeds from one of the jalapeño peppers and finely dice the rest. Slice the remaining pepper into 12 thin rings and set aside.
- Add the diced jalapeño, riced cauliflower, 2/3 of the crumbled bacon, one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and the garlic powder to the bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Whisk eggs and water together in a medium bowl and pour on top of the riced cauliflower mixture. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Note: If the mixture is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of water to the mixture to create a batter-like consistency.
- Divide the cauliflower batter among the openings in the prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with some of the remaining bacon, shredded cheese, and one of the jalapeño rings.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the egg is set and the muffins are golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before serving. Remaining muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for several days or frozen for later use. Enjoy!
Tip: Pre-riced fresh cauliflower is ideal for this recipe. Otherwise, fresh cauliflower can be riced on a box grater or in a food processor. Pat dry with a clean dish cloth or paper towel to remove any excess moisture before using.