Chicken Avocado Panini
Creamy avocado, melted mozzarella, fresh spinach and sliced garden tomatoes perfectly complement the grilled chicken breast in this delicious panini. To save time, you could substitute rotisserie chicken breast or off-the-bone chicken breast from the deli counter. To add a little extra kick, arugula or baby power greens would be a nice alternative to the baby spinach.
- 4 slices white or sourdough bread
- 4 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 4 oz. chicken breast grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1 c. fresh baby spinach
- 1 c. mozzarella shredded
- 2 t. olive oil
- Heat panini press according to manufacturer instructions.
- Spread one teaspoon of Dijon mustard onto each bread slice.
- Top 2 slices of bread with one-half each of the chicken, avocado, tomato, baby spinach, and shredded mozzarella. Add remaining bread to top to form a sandwich.
- Brush the paninis on both sides with the olive oil and grill until the bread is golden-brown on all sides and the cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove sandwiches from press, cut in half, serve with fries and/or choice of side dishes and enjoy!
If you have one, a panini press is the best tool for preparing this recipe. However, a grill pan (or even a large skillet) can also be used. Use a clean heavy cast iron skillet or a spatula to press down on the roll while toasting for best results.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!