Instant Pot® Asian-Style Sticky Ribs
If you can’t find baby back ribs that are already sliced, pick up a slab instead. Just be sure to remove the thin membrane from the back before slicing. The garlic chili sauce used in this recipe is available in most grocery stores or online. It is spicy (and the spiciness becomes more pronounced with time) so start with one teaspoon and add more, if desired.
- Instant pot
- Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 2 t. Chinese 5 Spice blend
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 T. fresh ginger finely minced
- 1-2 t. sugar-free garlic chili sauce
- ¼ c. tamari or coconut aminos
- ½ c. honey preferably local
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. cider vinegar
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 lbs. baby back ribs sliced
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 3 large green onions sliced, green parts only
- 1 T. white sesame seeds
- Combine the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Place the ribs in a large bowl and sprinkle the dry rub on top. Toss to combine and rub the seasoning into the ribs until they are coated on all sides.
- Place the seasoned ribs in the Instant Pot® without stacking and pour the sauce on top. Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to “High” and adjust cook time to 25 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and transfer the ribs to the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place the top oven rack a few inches below the broiler and pre-heat the broiler to “high.”
- Add the cornstarch and an equal amount of the hot liquid from the Instant Pot® to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Select the “Sauté’ function on the highest setting and bring the sauce to a boil while stirring frequently. Add a little of the cornstarch slurry at a time to the sauce until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot® off. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and brush over the ribs on both sides. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes before turning. Repeat on remaining side until nicely browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and brush more sauce on the ribs, then sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!