Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for tail-gaiting parties and other informal get-togethers. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker crock, turn it on, and viola! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love. The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also be served with crackers or crusty bread.
- 1 slow cooker
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth preferably organic*
- 3 stalks celery very finely chopped
- 2 8- oz. packages cream cheese
- ¾ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely minced
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese divided
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese finely shredded
- 3 green onions tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno sliced (optional)
- To Serve:
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
*Tip: You may need to add additional chicken broth before serving to achieve desired consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!